Monday, November 22, 2010

Family Day

Lucky Draw Prizes

Ummu Nu'man explaining the 'How to Play'

Hurry Nu'man. Main prize is free suckle if we won...ahaks


One for me...one for my mummy...one for my daddy...one for my granny...they are all yummy!!
And the quest began...

Nu'man remains loyal collecting the candies
Nu'man counting his collected candies
I just got back from work when my wife told me that her workplace will be organizing a family day during the weekend. The objective of this significant event was to strengthen bondage among the staff. The clinic rarely had any joyful event to spark up the staff. For them, intriguing program such as family day is like receiving annual bonus from the boss!!! I scrutinized my schedule and luckily I have no appointment for the tentative date.

I was looking forward attending the event since I didn't have the chance to get along with my wife's staff. For all this while my wife kept telling interesting stories in her clinic without knowing any of them. Now is the chance to know who's the nosy one, who's the lazy one, etc. Hehehe. The historical event took place at Klinik Kesihatan Pedas around 3 pm.

We decided to arrive early since we were quiet free that afternoon. There were 4 male staff barbecuing when I was unloading my boys and 3 boxes of Domino Pizzas. Around 3.30 pm, the event began with doa recitation from one of the male staff. Then, it was my wife's turn to give her short speech. The speech was supposed to be delivered by my wife's boss. Since she was absent due to her unwell son, my wife took the responsibility as the second highest rank officer in the clinic.

Later on, 'eating activity' took place with karaoke singer as the background. Funnily enough, it was the guy who recited the doa that sang most of the songs. Perhaps he didn't get that kind of opportunity at his nearby surau. Ahaksss. Anyway, there was no nasyid on the list and that quickly turned off my interest. Half an hour later, activity for toddlers began. It was a simple and common game. Participants had to gather as much sweets and candies as they can in a plastic container. We managed to persuade Nu'man to join the game. Initially he didn't understand what he had to do. We picked up his right hand, grabbed the candies and placed them in the container. He picked it up from there until we told him to stop.

It was funny. All participants looked confused. They didn't know that they were in the middle of a race, including Nu'man. That's why Nu'man didn't bother to stop gathering the candies even though others were already leaving the place. He remained loyal gathering the candies even though the container was already full. Candies kept falling off, but Nu'man picked them up and placed them back in the container. He continued doing so until we felt pity to him. We asked him to stop and slowly he backed off.

I really enjoyed joining the event. Most probably it was because 3 out of 4 our numbers won the lucky draws. We arrived with 3 boxes of pizza and departed with three small hampers. Jolly goooood. Alhamdulillah ;)

"Dan aku (Nabi Hud) tidak meminta imbalan kepadamu atas ajakan itu. Imbalanku hanyalah dari Tuhan seluruh alam" (As- Syu'ara : 127)

No comments:

Post a Comment